An official announcement for a rematch between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor could come as soon as the end of this week.
That's according to McGregor's coach, John Kavanagh of Dublin's Straight Blast Gym.
Kavanagh told Britain's Daily Star that the announcement of the UFC featherweight champion's next bout, which is expected to be another welterweight bout with Diaz at UFC 200 in Las Vegas on July 9, the announcement is coming soon.
"I believe it is going to be announced this week," Kavanagh told the Daily Star.
Kavanagh has heard the critics who believe McGregor should defend his featherweight title instead of going straight to a rematch with Diaz, who submitted McGregor in the second round of their UFC 196 fight.
But the way he looks at it, some fans will complain no matter who gets announced as McGregor's foe.
"Whoever it is there will be a group of fans that will go, ‘Oh I didn't want to see that, I wanted to see this,'" Kavanagh said. "The truth is when it is all said and done, fast forward three or four years when he is wrapping up his career, everybody will have been met. All styles will have been beaten."
MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani first reported the news of the rematch being targeted for UFC 200 last week.