The Colorado State Boxing Commission has suspended Justin Gaethje indefinitely for "unsportsmanlike conduct" after the World Series of Fighting lightweight champion celebrated his victory over Brian Foster at WSOF 29 with a backflip off the cage.
Gaethje, who defended his title with a first-round TKO stoppage of Foster, was warned prior to the event by the commission not to celebrate with his trademark flip off the cage, but did so anyway after defeating Foster in less than two minutes. TheMMAReport.com first reported the news Tuesday following a release by the CSBC.
CSBC executive director Josef Mason did not immediately return messages left by MMA Fighting regarding the suspension.
WSOF 29 took place March 12 at the Bank of Colorado Arena in Greeley, CO.
Aside from Gaethje, Foster was the only other fight on the card to receive a significant suspension. After losing via brutal stoppage via leg kicks, he will be required to receive physician clearance on a left knee injury or be sidelined for six months.
The complete WSOF 29 medical suspension report can be found below.
- Justin Gaethje: Suspended indefinitely (unsportsmanlike conduct)
- Brian Foster: Suspended 180 days or can be cleared early with doctor letter (left knee)
- Danny Mainus: Suspended 60 days
- Josh Caven: Suspended 45 days (laceration)
- Clayton Wimer: Suspended 45 days (nasal fracture)
- Chris Morgan: Suspended 45 days (weight)
- Mike Hayes: Suspended 30 days (laceration)
- Josh Huber: Suspended 30 days (laceration)
- Patrick Davis: Suspended 30 days
- Jacob Flesher: Suspended 30 days