UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis highlighted a list of six fighters to be hit with 180-day medical suspensions in the aftermath of UFC Fight Night 81, according to information released Friday to MMA Fighting by the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission (MSAC).
Cruz defeated T.J. Dillashaw via split decision in the night's main event to capture back his UFC bantamweight title, but suffered an aggravation of a previous plantar fascia tendinitis injury midway through the contest. Pettis lost a split decision to Eddie Alvarez in the night's co-main event.
Four other fighters were handed similar 180-day medical suspensions, although the MSAC declined to elaborate on the specifics of potential injuries. Those fighters are: Travis Browne, Matt Mitrione, Ben Saunders, and Kyle Bochniak.
UFC Fight Night 81 took place Jan. 17 at the TD Garden in Boston, Mass. The main card aired live on FOX Sports 1.
The complete list of UFC Fight Night 81's medical suspensions can be seen below.
- Dominick Cruz: Suspended for 180 days
- Anthony Pettis: Suspended for 180 days
- Travis Browne: Suspended for 180 days
- Matt Mitrione: Suspended for 180 days
- Ben Saunders: Suspended for 180 days
- Kyle Bochniak: Suspended for 180 days
- Tim Boetsch: Suspended for 45 days
- Joey Gomez: Suspended for 45 days
- Ross Pearson: Suspended for 30 days
- Maximo Blanco: Suspended for 30 days
- Sean O'Connell: Suspended for 30 days
- Elvis Mutapcic: Suspended for 30 days