On Thursday, the NAC officially suspended Lesnar for one year and fined him $250,000 for failing a drug test before his UFC 200 fight against Hunt and one afterwards, as well.
"It's not harsh enough considering he gets the same [punishment] as Jon Jones and Jones didn't fight," Hunt said. "Would that penalty have sufficed if I had died or been maimed?"
Lesnar first tested positive for the anti-estrogenic agent Hydroxy-clomiphene in an out-of-competition United States Anti-Doping Agency drug test on June 28, and then another in-competition test the day of the event on July 9.
Jones, who was pulled from the card just three days before, was also given a one-year suspension by the NAC but was not fined. He tested positive for two banned substances, Hydroxy-clomiphene, as well the Letrozole metabolite, an aromatase inhibitor, prior to UFC 200.
Hunt, whose loss to Lesnar has now been turned into a no-contest, retained a lawyer in August. He wants clauses put in his contract that will protect him in the event a future opponent tests positive for any banned substances, however, the UFC, according to Hunt, isn't keen on implementing his demands.
"I want compensation for what’s happened and I want a change," Hunt said last month on The MMA Hour. "Either that or release me from my contract.
"Like I said, if you’re not going to make it an even playing field or a fair go, you’re not going to put a clause in my contract that says that makes me a feel a bit more better, well then why should I…I’m already in a contract I can’t get out of."
So now that Lesnar has finally received his punishment, Hunt says he'll let his lawyer handle the UFC. He's hopeful they'll meet his demands but is willing to continue to sit out if not.
Hunt says he's already missed out on three fight offers since his July fight against Lesnar.
"I am still waiting on UFC," he said. "Will they allow my clause or [will] we get into a lawsuit so the whole world can watch?"