One-time UFC title challenger Joe Soto has been tapped as a late replacement to fight Marco Beltran in a 140-pound catchweight contest at UFC Fight Night 98 following the removal of Guido Cannetti due to a potential USADA violation.
The UFC announced the match-up late Monday.
Soto (16-5) snapped a three-fight losing streak and earned his first career UFC victory in June when he picked up a third-round submission over Chris Beal at UFC Fight Night 89.
A former Bellator featherweight champion, Soto is most widely known for his last-second challenge against then-UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw in 2014, which Soto lost via fifth-round knockout.
Beltran (8-3), on the other hand, has won three consecutive fights since appearing on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter Latin America as a member of Team Velasquez. Since the show, he has defeated the likes of Marlon Vera, Ning Guangyou, and Reginaldo Vieira.
UFC Fight Night 98, aka The Ultimate Fighter Latin America 3 Finale, takes place Nov. 5 at the Arena Ciudad de México in Mexico City, Mexico. Former UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos takes on streaking contender Tony Ferguson in the night's main event.
An updated UFC Fight Night 98 fight card can be seen below.
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Tony Ferguson
- Martin Bravo vs. Claudio Puelles
- Marcin Held vs. Diego Sanchez
- Ricardo Lamas vs. Charles Oliveira
- Beneil Dariush vs. Rashid Magomedov
- Erik Perez vs. Felipe Arantes
- Marco Beltran vs. Joe Soto
- Max Griffin vs. Erick Montano
- Henry Briones vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade
- Sam Alvey vs. Alex Nicholson
- Marco Polo Reyes vs. Jason Novelli
- Chris Avila vs. Enrique Barzola