"Baby Slice" has a new targeted Bellator debut date.
Kevin Ferguson Jr. is scheduled to compete at Bellator 165 on Nov. 19 in San Jose, he told Ariel Helwani on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. Bellator officials confirmed that the promotion is looking to put him on that card, but is still seeking an opponent.
Ferguson Jr. (1-0), the son of prizefighting legend Kimbo Slice, was supposed to make his Bellator debut this past weekend in Memphis, but his opponent, Ray Bing, missed weight by 16 pounds. The bout was called off.
Previously, "Baby Slice" would have fought at Bellator 160 in August, but had to pull out due to injury.
Ferguson Jr., who has just won pro fight under his belt, said it doesn't matter who he fights next month.
"No, they know I don't care," he said. "I'm gonna put in the work, I'm gonna train hard and I'm gonna go in there and get the knockout or I'm gonna hurt my opponent. As long as I get that ‘W.'"
Bellator 165 is a big one for the promotion. In the headliner, Michael Chandler defends his lightweight title against former UFC champ Benson Henderson. Top prospect Michael Page faces Fernando Gonzalez in the co-main event.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage