A welterweight tilt between Brandon Thatch and Sabah Homasi is the latest addition to UFC 207. Homasi announced the match-up on Tuesday via Instagram following an initial report the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Once considered a can't-miss prospect, Thatch (11-4) now finds himself in dire need of a win after losing three straight contests under the UFC umbrella. The 31-year-old Thatch, who trains out of Colorado's Elevation Fight Team, lost all of three those fights via submission, stumbling against the likes of Benson Henderson, Gunnar Nelson, and Siyar Bahadurzada.
Prior to his recent slump, Thatch won 11 of the first 12 fights of his career via stoppage, highlighted by a pair of impressive first-round TKOs over Justin Edwards and Paulo Thiago to begin his UFC run.
In Homasi (11-6), Thatch now faces an intriguing prospect out of American Top Team who shares Thatch's aversion to reaching the judges. The 27-year-old has finished all but one of his professional wins. At UFC 202, Homasi lost his UFC debut via second-round TKO to Tim Means.
An updated UFC 207 fight card can be seen below.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage