The UFC's winter schedule is beginning to feel the fallout from the cancellation of UFC Fight Night 97. A middleweight bout between Sam Alvey and Alex Nicholson, originally scheduled for the ill-fated Manila event, has been rebooked for Nov. 5 at UFC Fight Night 98 in Mexico City, Mexico. The UFC confirmed the switch this week.
The 30-year-old middleweight has won five of his eight UFC contests overall, with all five of those victories coming by way of stoppage, including a trio of first-round knockouts over Dylan Andrews, Cezar Ferreira, and Daniel Kelly.
Nicholson (7-2), meanwhile, is a 26-year-old prospect fighting out of Florida who has thus far split his two UFC appearances. He suffered a submission defeat to Misha Cirkunov in his Octagon debut, then defeated Devin Clark via first-round knockout in July.
An updated UFC Fight Night 98 fight card can be seen below.
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Tony Ferguson
- Marcin Held vs. Diego Sanchez
- Beneil Dariush vs. Rashid Magomedov
- Alexa Grasso vs. Heather Jo Clark
- Sam Alvey vs. Alex Nicholson
- Erik Perez vs. Felipe Arantes
- Chris Avila vs. Enrique Barzola
- Max Griffin vs. Erick Montano
- Marco Beltran vs. Guido Cannetti
- Marco Polo Reyes vs. Jason Novelli
- Henry Briones vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade