clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Georges St-Pierre, manager deny report claiming he's coming back

New, comments
Esther Lin, MMA Fighting

Hold the phone on Georges St-Pierre's return for now.

French reporter Dan Pou of FM93 in Quebec tweeted Thursday night that St-Pierre will announce his return to the UFC in the coming days.

However, when contacted by MMAFighting.com, St-Pierre said that report was not true.

"I can tell you with certainty that their their sources are not reliable," St-Pierre added via text message.

Additionally, St-Pierre's manager Rodolphe Beaulieu also denied the report when contacted by MMAFighting.com.

"[There are] still a lot of things that need to happen before he decides if he comes back or not," Beaulieu said, however he did not want to specify exactly what those things were.

GSP's last fight took place at UFC 167 in November 2013 when he defeated Johny Hendricks via split decision. Shortly after the fight, St-Pierre announced that he was vacating the UFC welterweight title and would be taking a break from the sport, though, he has never officially retired from MMA. Since then, every few months a report has popped up claiming he would be returning imminently, however, that has not materialized just yet. St-Pierre has remained in shape and is a regular at the Tristar Gym in Montreal, fueling speculation that he is seriously contemplating a return to MMA.

For now, though, the former 170-pound king says he has no announcement to make regarding his fighting future.