Veteran referee Herb Dean was selected Thursday to oversee UFC 191's flyweight title fight on Sept. 5 between Demetrious Johnson and John Dodson.
The selection was made at a meeting of the Nevada Athletic Commission in Las Vegas. Dean was unanimously approved by the commissioners.
Johnson (22-2-1), the defending UFC flyweight champion, previously fought Dodson in Jan. 2013. The fight was the closest of Johnson's reign as champion, however Johnson emerged with a narrow unanimous decision win.
Dodson (17-6) has won three fights since to earn his way to a rematch, highlighted by a pair of finishes over Darrell Montague and John Moraga.
Johnson is the only flyweight champion in UFC history. He has defended his title six times since claiming the belt in 2012.
Judges for the bout were also chosen. The fates of Johnson and Dodson will fall into the hands of Nevada regulars Derek Cleary, Marcos Rosales, and Tony Weeks.
UFC 191 takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The main card airs on pay-per-view.
An updated UFC 191 fight card can be seen below.
- Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Frank Mir
- Anthony Johnson vs. Jimi Manuwa
- Paige VanZant vs. Alex Chambers
- John Lineker vs. Francisco Rivera
- Paul Felder vs. Ross Pearson
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Corey Anderson
- Liz Carmouche vs. Raquel Pennington
- Joe Riggs vs. Ron Stallings
- Clay Collard vs. Tiago Trator
- Nazareno Malegarie vs. Joaquim Silva