The UFC announced Tuesday that Jury has pulled out of the July 25 event due to injury. Undefeated prospect Paul Felder now steps in to fight Edson Barboza in a main card battle that looks wholly different than its original pairing, which featured Jury versus former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis.
Felder (10-0) steps into the contest on less than two months' notice after knocking out Danny Castillo with a spectacular spinning backfist at UFC 182. The finish earned Felder a 'Performance of the Night' bonus and pushed the 31-year-old's Octagon record to a perfect 2-0, building off of a split decision victory over Jason Saggo in his Oct. 2014 UFC debut.
He'll now face a sizable step up in competition against Barboza (15-3) though. The veteran Brazilian is currently the No. 7 ranked lightweight in the UFC's media-generated rankings and has won nine of his 12 UFC fights, including a memorable 'Knockout of the Year' wheel kick finish of Terry Etim and a side-splitting TKO over Evan Dunham. The 29-year-old dropped a unanimous decision to Michael Johnson in his most recent fight this past February.
UFC on FOX 16 takes place July 25, 2015 at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois. An updated UFC on FOX 16 fight card can be seen below.
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao
- Miesha Tate vs. Jessica Eye
- Edson Barboza vs. Paul Felder
- Joe Lauzon vs. Takanori Gomi
- Bryan Caraway vs. Eddie Wineland
- Daron Cruickshank vs. James Krause
- Erik Koch vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Tom Lawlor vs. Gian Villante
- Danny Castillo vs. Rustam Khabilov
- Zak Cummings vs. Antonio Braga Neto
- Ben Saunders vs. Kenny Robertson
- Jessamyn Duke vs. Elizabeth Phillips