Former UFC champion Lyoto Machida was one of two fighters to receive indefinite medical suspensions from the Florida State Boxing Commission in the aftermath of UFC Fight Night 70.
Machida suffered his second straight loss in the event's headlining bout, falling victim to a third-round flurry of elbows from Yoel Romero. That result came just two months after Machida suffered a similarly one-sided beating at the hands of Luke Rockhold, leading the Florida athletic commission to suspend the 37-year-old middleweight indefinitely pending a CT scan and ENT clearance.
Brazilian featherweight Hacran Dias was the only other fighter at UFC Fight Night 70 to be handed a lengthy medical suspension. Dias edged Levan Makashvili via split decision on the night's main card, but will now be forced to the sidelines indefinitely pending orthopedic clearance of his right foot.
UFC Fight Night 70 took place June 27 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, FL. The main card aired live on FOX Sports 1.
A complete list of post-fight medical suspensions can be seen below.
- Lyoto Machida: Suspended indefinitely, requires CT Scan of head and ENT clearance
- Hacran Dias: Suspended indefinitely, requires orthopedic clearance of right foot
- Steve Bosse: Suspended 90 days, transported to ER by ambulance
- Santiago Ponzinibbio: Suspended 30 days
- Eddie Gordon: Suspended 30 days for abrasion on nose
- Lewis Gonzalez: Suspended 30 days for right brow sutures
- Steve Montgomery: Suspended 30 days