Yoel Romero didn't just earn the biggest win of his career Saturday night. He made some dough, too.
"The Soldier of God" earned a $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus with his vicious, ground-and-pound TKO of Lyoto Machida in the third round Saturday night in the main event of UFC Fight Night 70 in Hollywood, Fla.
Lorenz Larkin and Santiago Ponzinibbio each won $50,000 for their Fight of the Night bout, which Larkin won with a second-round TKO. Thiago Santos picked up the other Performance of the Night bonus with his stunning, 34-second head kick knockout of Steve Bosse.
Romero (10-1) has now set himself up for a potential title eliminator fight against perhaps Ronaldo Souza. The Cuba native has not lost since 2011 in Strikeforce, a span of six straight wins. Romero, 38, has also won five of those bouts by knockout.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage