The UFC has added another bout for its first trip to Saskatoon. Making his debut in the bantamweight division, Felipe Arantes will take on longtime Tristar Gym product Yves Jabouin at the UFC Fight Night card on Aug. 23.
Jabouin (20-10) returns to action four months after a first-round loss to Arantes’ teammate Thomas Almeida at UFC 186. The Haiti-native won five of his eight bouts since dropping to the bantamweight division in 2011.
Arantes (16-7-1, 2 no-contests) has decided to cut down to 135 following a decision loss to Andre Fili in October, dropping to 3-3-1 as a featherweight under the UFC banner. "Sertanejo" expects to "do well" as a bantamweight.
"I usually weight 156 pounds, so the bantamweight division is perfect for me," Arantes stated in a release. "Like the featherweight division, (the bantamweight division) is full of tough fighters, but I will do well there."
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage