Bellator 138 may have been a card full of quick finishes, but the post-fight medical suspension report came back light. Four fighters received precautionary suspensions following the event, including 51-year-old headliner Ken Shamrock, according to information released by the Missouri Office of Athletics. MMA Junkie first reported the news.
Fighting for the first time in nearly five years, Shamrock snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the night's main event. The UFC Hall of Famer suffered a brutal first-round knockout after nearly submitting Kimbo Slice with a rear-naked choke.
The Missouri commission issued Shamrock a 30-day suspension for the performance.
Losing fighters Dan Charles and Sean Wilson also received similar 30-day suspensions, while Daniel Weichel received a longer 60-days sentence for his wild back-and-forth brawl with Patricio Friere in the night's co-main event.
Bellator 138 took place June 19, 2015 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri. The main card aired live on Spike TV.
A complete list of Bellator 138 medial suspensions can be found below.
- Daniel Weichel: Suspended 60 days for precautionary reasons
- Ken Shamrock: Suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons
- Dan Charles: Suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons
- Sean Wilson: Suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage