Same familiar faces will be on hand next month when the Irish and Brazilian takeover invades Las Vegas.
Veteran referees Herb Dean and John McCarthy were selected Thursday at a meeting of the Nevada Athletic Commission to oversee UFC 189's two marquee title fights. Both selections were unanimous among the commissioners.
Dean got the orders for the night's main event, a blockbuster grudge match pitting UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo against Irish challenger Conor McGregor. McCarthy, meanwhile, will preside over the night's co-headlining bout, which sees UFC welterweight champion Robbie Lawler defend his title against Canadian challenger Rory MacDonald.
Judges for the two title fights were also chosen. The fates of Aldo and McGregor will fall into the hands of Nevada regulars Junichiro Kamijo, Chris Lee, and Marcos Rosales, while the trio Adalaide Byrd, Derek Cleary, and Sal D'Amoto are set to score Lawler-MacDonald.
UFC 189 takes place July 11 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. An updated fight card can be seen below.
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor
- Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Gunnar Nelson vs. John Hathaway
- Brandon Thatch vs. John Howard
- Brad Pickett vs. Thomas Almeida
- Mike Swick vs. Alex Garcia
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Henry Briones
- Yosdenis Cedeno vs. Cody Pfister
- Neil Seery vs. Louis Smolka