Brad Pickett will return to the bantamweight division in July.
The English veteran, who cut down to 125 pounds after a 6-4 run as a bantamweight in the UFC and WEC, is scheduled to meet Brazilian prospect Thomas Almeida in a bantamweight clash at UFC 189 in Las Vegas on July 11. The UFC announced the bout following a report by The Sun.
Pickett (24-10) dropped to flyweight in 2014, defeating Neil Seery via unanimous decision in London, but lost two in a row next to Ian McCall and Chico Camus. "One Punch" holds a win over current UFC champion Demetrious Johnson as a bantamweight in 2010.
Almeida (19-0) impressed in the UFC with two exciting performances, defeating Tim Gordon in November and stopping Yves Jabouin in the first round at last month’s UFC 186. The Chute Boxe prospect has stopped 18 of his 19 opponents via knockout or submission.
UFC 189 takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and features two championship fights, Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor for the featherweight crown and Robbie Lawler defending his welterweight belt in a rematch with Rory MacDonald.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage