According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Henderson was forced to withdraw from the fight, which was never officially announced by the UFC, due to undisclosed reasons. It is unclear at this time whether Johnson will remain on the card.
On Friday, the UFC announced the event was moving from Florida to Las Vegas. It will serve as the TUF 21 Finale the day after UFC 189 at the MGM Grand, and the new main event will be Jake Ellenberger vs. Stephen Thompson, which was originally scheduled to take place July 11.
Johnson (16-8) has won his last four fights in a row. He most recently defeated Edson Barboza via unanimous decision in February and afterwards said he would like to fight Henderson next.
Henderson (22-5), who immediately agreed to the Johnson fight publicly, is coming off one of the most inspiring wins of his career in February when he moved up to welterweight to submit prospect Brandon Thatch on just two weeks' notice.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage