Douglas Lima will put his Bellator title on the line in July.
The Brazilian striker, who won the vacant title with a knockout over Rick Hawn a year ago, will finally put his belt on the line on July 17, as he meets Andrey Koreshkov at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. Lima vs. Koreshkov will headline Bellator 140.
"Douglas Lima is an incredible champion who is in for one of the toughest fights of his life against Koreshkov," Bellator president Scott Coker stated in a release. "When the rest of this card is announced, we’ll have put together one of the greatest showcases of welterweight talent ever assembled on one night."
Lima (26-5) was set to defend his title against Paul Daley in February, but was forced out of the bout with a knee injury. "The Phenom" won 14 of his last 15 fights, and scored six straight knockouts in his past six bouts in Bellator.
Koreshkov (17-1) earns a shot after winning the last 170-pound tournament in Bellator. The Russian welterweight fought for the Bellator title in 2013, but suffered a fourth-round loss to Ben Askren. "Spartan" is 4-0 since with two first-round knockout wins.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage