Five fighters were handed indefinite medical suspensions by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) following their respective performances at UFC 185, according to information released by the commission on Monday.
Undercard fighters Roger Narvaez, Josh Copeland, Ryan Benoit, Jake Lindsey, and Larissa Pacheco will all require medical clearance or be held out indefinitely, the TDLR ruled. Each of the five fighters included in that list lost their respective bouts at UFC 185, with the exception of Benoit, a 25-year-old flyweight who scored a second-round comeback win over Sergio Pettis.
UFC 185 took place March 14 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX, aired live on pay-per-view. Two new UFC champions were crowned in the featured and co-featured fights, as Brazilian veteran Rafael dos Anjos stunned Anthony Pettis for the lightweight title and Polish striker Joanna Jedrzejczyk knocked out Carla Esparza to claim strawweight gold.
A complete list of UFC 185's medical suspensions can be seen below.
- Roger Narvaez: Suspended indefinitely
- Josh Copeland: Suspended indefinitely
- Ryan Benoit: Suspended indefinitely
- Jake Lindsey: Suspended indefinitely
- Larissa Pacheco: Suspended indefinitely
- Sam Stout: Suspended until 5/14
- Carla Esparza: Suspended until 4/14
- Sergio Pettis: Suspended until 4/12
- Anthony Pettis: Suspended until 4/04
- Matt Brown: Suspended until 4/04
- Rafael dos Anjos: Suspended until 3/30
- Johny Hendricks: Suspended until 3/24
- Alistair Overeem: Suspended until 3/24
- Roy Nelson: Suspended until 3/24
- Henry Cejudo: Suspended until 3/24
- Chris Cariaso: Suspended until 3/24
- Jared Rosholt: Suspended until 3/24
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk: Suspended until 3/22
- Ross Pearson: Suspended until 3/22
- Elias Theodorou: Suspended until 3/22
- Beneil Dariush: Suspended until 3/22
- Daron Cruickshank: Suspended until 3/22
- Joseph Duffy: Suspended until 3/22
- Germaine de Randamie: Suspended until 3/22