Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor are taking their beef on the road. The UFC announced Saturday that the featherweight champion and his brash Irish challenger are slated to visit eight cities in five countries, from March 20 to March 31, for a 12-day international press tour to promote UFC 189.
The tour precedes a heavily anticipated grudge match between Aldo (25-1) and McGregor (17-2) which is scheduled to go down on July 11 in Las Vegas, Nev.
Aldo is undefeated since 2005 and is the only featherweight champion the UFC has ever known, having defended his WEC/UFC title a remarkable nine straight times. McGregor, while being just 5-0 inside the UFC, has quickly cemented himself as one of the top draws in the company.
Dates and specifics of the tour can be seen below.
- March 20 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Press Conference - 2 p.m. at Maracanazinho Arena - Free and open to the public
- March 23 - Las Vegas Press Tour
- March 24 - Los Angeles Press Tour
- March 25 - Boston Press Conference - 5 p.m. at The Strand Theater - Free and open to the public
- March 26 - New York City Press Conference - 5 p.m. at Beacon Theater - Free and open to the public (also features Rory MacDonald and Robbie Lawler)
- March 27 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada Press Conference - 4 p.m. at Eaton Centre (MAC Court Fountain) - Free and open to the public (also features Rory MacDonald and Robbie Lawler)
- March 29 - McGregor to attend UEFA European Championship in Dublin, Ireland
- March 29 - Aldo to attend FIFA International Match featuring Brazil in London, England
- March 30 - London, England Press Conference - Location TBA
- March 31 - Dublin, Ireland - Fan Event - Convention Centre Dublin - Free and open to the public