UFC 194's two title fights will be in veteran hands when Dec. 12 rolls around. The Nevada Athletic Commission voted unanimously on Monday to assign referees "Big" John McCarthy and Herb Dean to work the event's headlining and co-headlining bouts, respectively.
McCarthy will be in charge of the highly anticipated showdown between UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and interim champion Conor McGregor. The two featherweights were initially scheduled to fight in July, however a rib injury to Aldo led to the bout's cancellation and McGregor instead defeated Chad Mendes at UFC 189 to earn his interim strap.
Should Aldo vs. McGregor fall into the hands of the judges, Las Vegas regulars Derek Cleary, Sal D'Amato, and Junichiro Kamijo will be tasked with scoring the bout. All three were unanimously selected by the NAC.
Likewise, Dean will oversee the middleweight co-main event between undefeated UFC champion Chris Weidman and former Strikeforce champion Luke Rockhold. Judges Adelaide Byrd, Chris Lee, and Marcos Rosales will score the bout.
UFC 194 takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. The event is the culmination of three consecutive UFC events from Dec. 10 to Dec. 12. The main card will air live on pay-per-view.
An updated fight card can be found below.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage