Benson Henderson may have defeated Jorge Masvidal in what was a brilliant display of technique in Saturday's main event at UFC Fight Night 79 in Seoul. But the main event had some competition in the handing out of fight night bonuses.
The back-and-forth strawweight battle between Seo Hee Ham and Cortney Casey on the card's prelims trumped all other bouts in taking home Fight of the Night honors. In the end, Ham took the unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28). Each woman received $50,000.
"The Korean Superboy" Choi needed just 93 seconds to dispose of UFC veteran Sam Sicilia, scoring a knockout to open the main card. This was the second fight for Choi under the UFC banner. In his first, a year ago in Austin, Texas, Choi defeated Juan Puig in 18 seconds (TKO).
Steele opened the show in South Korea with a knockout of Dong Hyun Kim (not to be confused with "The Stun Gun"), scoring a third-round slam that set up the finish.
Both Choi and Steele took home $50,000, as well.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage