Ronda Rousey is in the hospital after one of the most shocking losses in UFC history.
UFC president Dana White told reporters at the UFC 193 post-fight press conference that Rousey has a busted up lip and was taken to a Melbourne hospital after losing via head-kick knockout to Holly Holm in the second round. Holm is the new UFC women's bantamweight champion.
"She was transported, because she got knocked out, number one," White said. "Her lip was split in half. They had to sew her lip. They transported her."
White didn't mention any other injuries. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani, who is on site in Australia, tweeted that Rousey doesn't have any further injuries.
Rousey has been transported to the hospital, per UFC. No serious injuries right now but she does have a busted lip.— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) November 15, 2015
Holm landed her straight left hand multiple times in the first and second rounds. Rousey was bleeding from the mouth after the first round. In the second, Rousey attempted to chase Holm down and, in a transition, got caught with a violent head kick.
"Obviously she's completely bummed out and depressed," White said of Rousey. "That's it."
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage