SAO PAULO -- Paige VanZant is one of the top UFC rising stars in the strawweight division, but 115-pound contender Claudia Gadelha doesn’t think she’s quite there yet.
"Ah, she’s selling, right?" Gadelha told the media during UFC Fight Night 77 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, when asked about VanZant. "The UFC wants fighters who can sell, who bring money to the organization. She’s pretty, a dancer, completely different from other fighters who are way better prepared physically, right?"
Winner of 13 of 14 fighters with eight stoppages, Gadelha isn’t sure VanZant, who holds a 6-1 record, already is a professional MMA fighter.
"She has said once that she thinks that fighters who are ripped used steroids, but I want to see her say that in two years, when she really becomes a professional fighter," Gadelha said. "She’s just starting and she’s a dancer, so she won’t have muscle in her body. But, in two years, I want her to answer this question again."
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage