Gonzalez, who suffered a brutal first-round knockout loss to Luis Palomino in Saturday night's main event, will be held out until September 24th due to lacerations the 26-year-old sustained on his scalp and right eyelid during the contest.
In addition to Gonzalez, five other competitors received medical suspensions from the NAC, the most severe of which were delivered to preliminary card fighters Jimmy Spicuzza and Jorge Lopez. Both Spicuzza and Lopez could potentially be sidelined until February 6th as a result of various injuries the two fighters suffered during their respective losses.
WSOF 12 took place August 9, 2014 at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. A complete list of medical suspensions can be seen below.
- Lewis Gonzalez: Suspended until 09/24; no contact until 09/09 due to right eyelid and scalp lacerations
- Ronny Markes: Suspended until 09/24; no contact until 09/09 due to left upper eyelid laceration, right knee and left ankle tenderness
- Jimmy Spicuzza: Requires physician clearance of right orbital floor blowout, nasal and right hand fractures, or no contest until 02/06; minimum suspension no contest until 09/24, no contact until 09/09
- Lucas Montoya: Suspended until 09/24; no contact until 09/09 due to left cheek laceration
- Jorge Lopez: Suspended until 09/09; no contact until 08/31, requires follow-up with rib x-rays if still painful in three-to-four days, if positive then must be cleared by physician or no contest until 02/06
- Soslan Abanokov: Suspended until 09/09; no contact until 08/31 due to left eyelid laceration