Amanda Nunes has a new fight set in the UFC.
Initially expected to take on Alexis Dufresne at UFC on FOX 11, Nunes has agreed to replace injured Shayna Baszler against Sarah Kaufman at The Ultimate Fighter Nations Finale card in Quebec, Canada, on April 16.
Sources close to the situation confirmed the news to MMAFighting.com following an initial report from Tatame.
Nunes (9-3) signed with the UFC in 2013 and demolished Sheila Gaff in her Octagon debut at UFC 163 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Three months later, The Brazilian scored another first-round TKO as she stopped Germaine de Randamie at UFC Fight Night 31.
Kaufman (16-3), a former Strikeforce bantamweight champion, has yet to win inside the Octagon, as her split decision loss to Jessica Eye at UFC 166 was overturned after Eye has failed a post-fight drug test.
The Ultimate Fighter Nations Finale card takes place at the Colisee Pepsi in Quebec and will be headlined by Michael Bisping vs. Tim Kennedy.
UPDATE: Sources close to the situation told MMAFighting.com that Dufresne was also removed from UFC on FOX 11 card with a rib injury.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage