UFC added a featherweight bout to their first card in New Zealand.
Fresh off a submission win in Brazil, Charles Oliveira will return to the Octagon on June 28 against Japanese veteran Hatsu Hioki. Tatame first reported the news, and Oliveira confirmed the bout to MMAFighting.com.
Oliveira (17-4, 1 no-contest) choked out Andy Ogle in his last UFC appearance, bouncing back to the win column following back-to-back losses to Cub Swanson and Frankie Edgar. With the win, Oliveira is now 3-2 since dropping down to 145 pounds.
Hioki (27-7-2) had his back against the wall at TUF: China Finale card in March, but secured a unanimous decision victory over Ivan Menjivar after suffering consecutive decision losses to Ricardo Lamas, Clay Guida and Darren Elkins in the UFC.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage