Earlier this week, Renzo Gracie said on "The MMA Hour" that he was certain Georges St-Pierre would return to fighting in the future. On Wednesday, St-Pierre's former manager Stephane Patry reported on RDS that St-Pierre had officially decided to come back, as well.
The whispers continue to get louder and louder about the former welterweight king's return.
However, when contacted by MMAFighting.com following the RDS report on Wednesday, St-Pierre said it was not true: he has yet to decide whether he'll fight again.
"Georges has absolutely no return plan [right now]," his long-time coach and friend Firas Zahabi said.
In the RDS report, Patry stated that St-Pierre will soon open a gym in Montreal, but Zahabi said it's mainly a rehabilitation center, not one for MMA training.
"Nothing exciting," he said.
The 33-year-old St-Pierre, who is still recovering from a left torn ACL suffered in March, hasn't fought since last November. After defeating Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 to retain the welterweight title, he decided to relinquish the title in order to take some time off from the sport. He has never officially announced his retirement or his intentions to fight again.
Since then, Johny Hendricks won the vacant welterweight title by defeating Robbie Lawler, and he'll defend the title for the first time in a rematch against Lawler at UFC 181 on Dec. 6. UFC president Dana White has publicly said that St-Pierre would receive an immediate title shot if he ever returns to the UFC.