The initial overnight ratings for UFC on FOX 8 are in and they're not up to standard. According to TV By The Numbers, the eighth event on FOX averaged 2.04 million viewers and .9 rating in adults 18 to 49 years of age. That figure marks the lowest rating for a UFC event on FOX, coming in below UFC on FOX 3's 1.0 rating and average of 2.25 million viewers.
Despite the relatively low rating, the numbers were enough to win FOX the evening against other networks in the 8 p.m. ET to 10 p.m. ET time slot.
These figures are overnight rating and not the final numbers. They do no include many West Coast markets or the viewership that watched the show beyond the designated 10 p.m. ET time slot. The final ratings will likely be available Monday or Tuesday.
UFC on Fox 8 was took place at the KeyArena in Seattle, WA., and was headlined by a flyweight title fight where champion Demetrious Johnson defended his title against John Moraga. Johnson won by fifth-round armbar submission.
Overnight ratings figures for the first eight UFC on FOX events is as follows:
- UFC on FOX 1: 5.7 million average viewership, 3.1 rating in adults 18-49.
Date: November 12, 2011, headlined by Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos
- UFC on FOX 2: 4.57 million average viewership, 2.2 rating in adults 18-49.
Date: January 28, 2012, headlined by Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis
- UFC on FOX 3: 2.25 million average viewership, 1.0 rating in adults 18-49
Date: May 5, 2012, headlined by Nate Diaz vs. Jim Miller
- UFC on FOX 4: 2.36 million average viewership, 0.9 rating in adults 18-49
Date: August 4, 2012, headlined by Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua vs. Brandon Vera
- UFC on FOX 5: 3.41 million average viewership, 1.6 rating in adults 18-49
Date: December 8, 2012, headlined by Benson Henderson vs. Nate Diaz
- UFC on FOX 6: 3.77 million average viewership, 1.7 rating in adults 18-49
Date: January 26, 2013, headlined by Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson
- UFC on FOX 7: 3.3 million average viewership, 1.6 rating in adults 18-49
Date: April 20, 2013, headlined by Benson Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez