clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Fallon Fox submits Allanna Jones in round three at CFA 11


Allanna Jones struck the first blow, electing to walk out to Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like a Lady" prior to her bout against transgender mixed martial artist Fallon Fox at CFA 11. But from there it was Fox's fight to win.

Despite fading late, Fox controlled the action from pillar to post, submitting Jones with a modified north/south choke midway through the final round to pick up her third professional victory at the BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, Florida.

Fox kicked off the opening two frames tenderizing Jones' lead thigh with unchecked kicks and backing her up with straight punches. Jones, however, proved not be an easy mark, successfully defending several takedown attempts while avoiding any significant damage, leaving Fox fatigued and flat-footed.

Fox seemed to grow frustrated early in round three, missing her mark with a series of high kicks and front kicks before finally securing a takedown, working a series of short elbows from guard, then advancing into north/south position. From there it was easy pickings, as Fox trapped Jones left arm and slid a knee across her throat on the right side, coaxing a tapout at 3:36 of the final frame.

"It's just kind of a knee-ride choke that I picked up," Fox said of the finish. "It works pretty well, chokes ‘em out pretty good. That looks pretty good. I like that.

"I noticed she tried to get away from me a lot so it was hard catching up to her, but I did it in the end, so that was pretty awesome."

With the win, Fox extends her unbeaten record to 3-0, all three coming by way of finish. Jones, meanwhile, falls to 2-2.

In the night's main event, former Strikeforce fighter Mike Kyle (20-9-1, 2 NC) made short of Travis Wiuff (68-18, 1 NC), knocking out the former Bellator contender just 21 seconds into the pair's heavyweight contest.

Fighting for the first time since coming out of retirement, Kyle floored Wiuff with a left hook that clipped him behind the head, before finishing the job with a few extra shots. Wiuff remained down on the canvas for several minutes following the knockout, eventually walking away under his own power, while Kyle teed off on referee Troy Waugh for what he perceived to be a late stoppage.

"I'm just thankful to be out here fighting," Kyle said. "It can go either way at anytime, so I just really don't want to hurt anyone, man."

Click here for complete CFA 11 results.

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the MMA Fighting Daily Roundup newsletter!

A daily roundup of all your fighting news from MMA Fighting