Pat Healy forfeited over $130,000 in bonuses earned from his UFC 159 victory against Jim Miller after testing positive for marijuana in a post-fight drug test, leading UFC bantamweight Bryan Caraway to retroactively receive Healy's $65,000 ‘Submission of the Night' bonus.
Healy's punishment has drawn widespread criticism across the mixed martial arts community, and on Thursday, Nate Diaz joined into that chorus. Diaz tweeted his support for Healy before hurling a homophobic slur indirectly at the "guy who took the money" on Twitter.
Diaz initially directed his slur towards "the opponent" who took Healy's money before deleting his tweet and reposting instead with the term, "the guy."
UFC officials have yet to comment on Diaz's statements.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage