Former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres is headed to Titan FC.
The MMA veteran announced on his Web site Tuesday night that he was released from the UFC following his April loss to Michael McDonald, and as a result, he will debut for Titan on Nov. 2. That fight will take place in Hammond, IN, where Torres made a name for himself before signing with Zuffa, the parent company of WEC and UFC. Torres also owns a gym, Torres Martial Arts Academy, in Hammond.
"I am excited to continue fighting, to regain my focus and to get back to what made me a champion," Torres wrote.
According to Torres' manager Glenn Robinson, no opponent has been signed for Torres' Titan debut just yet.
Torres (40-5), a 12-year veteran of the sport, leaves the UFC with a 2-2 record. He was released from the organization in December after posting an insensitive tweet before being rehired three weeks later.
"A special thank you to my manager, Glenn Robinson, my trainer, Firas Zahabi, my training partners, and all the staff at the UFC," Torres wrote. "I have dedicated my whole life to mixed martial arts and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. From teaching, to training, and fighting from the lowest to the highest levels, my passion in life is to be the best that I can be. Until November 2nd …"
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage