Brian Bowles suffered an injury during training and has pulled out of the bantamweight championship bout.
Torres (35-1) has won 16 in a row, which includes four WEC fights. He'll make his third title defense when he takes on Mizugaki.
Mizugaki (11-2-2) began his career in February 2005 with Shooto, going 6-2-2 for the next two-and-a-half years. Mizugaki debuted with GCM Cage Force -- Japan's only promotion with fights inside a cage -- in September 2007 and has won five straight.
WEC 40 happens April 5 at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, Illinois.
CURRENT FIGHT CARD:
- Miguel Torres vs. Takeya Mizugaki
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Jeff Curran
- Shane Roller vs. Ben Henderson
- Cub Swanson vs. Diego Nunes
- Wagnney Fabiano vs. Fredson Paixao
- Manny Tapia Akitoshi Tamura
- Rafael Dias vs. Cole Province