What remained to be revealed are which fighters will be brought over to Strikeforce and what Strikeforce's plans are for Pro Elite's other promotions.
The deal could also see Strikeforce airing live events on Showtime starting April 11.
"This is a tremendous development that will bolster the Strikeforce roster and allow us to produce even more competitive matchups between top fights," Strikeforce founder and CEO Scott Coker said. "Some of these athletes have been on the sidelines for a while now and are eagerly waiting to return to competition. We look forward to providing them with the opportunity to do so in the next few months."
Strikeforce co-promoted two events with EliteXC, "Shamrock vs. Baroni" in June 2007 and "Shamrock vs. Cung Le" in March 2008.
EliteXC, the first MMA promotion to hold a live event on network television, ceased operations in less than two years of fight promoting.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage