World Victory Road announced today the addition of Sergey Golyaev vs. Eiji Mitsuoka for Sengoku 7 at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan on Jan. 4.
Golayev (12-6) came out of nowhere at Sengoku 6 to defeat top ten lightweight Takanori Gomi via split decision. Golayev wasn't awarded Gomi's title shot, but he'll make a strong case for one if he can top number two contender Mitsuoka.
Eiji Mitsuoka (14-6-2) was on a roll in his last three fights -- including a win over 2008 DREAM lightweight GP winner Joachim Hansen -- before his loss to Satoru Kitaoka in the finals of the Sengoku Lightweight GP at Sengoku 6.
Current Sengoku 7 fight card:
- Takanori Gomi vs. Satoru Kitaoka (Lightweight Championship Bout)
- Kazuo Misaki vs. Jorge Santiago (Middleweight Championship Bout)
- Antonio Silva vs. Yoshihiro Nakao
- Hidehiko Yoshida vs. Sanae Kikuta
- Sergey Golyaev vs. Eiji Mitsuoka