Mike "Joker" Guymon, one of the original members of the TapouT crew, won away the King of the Cage welterweight belt from Anthony Lapsley Thursday at King of the Cage "Prowler" in Highland, California.
Guymon pushed Lapsley until the fifth and final round when he was finally able to finish Lapsley with a head-arm choke.
Guymon improves to 9-2, while Lapsley -- who was coming off a ShoXC win -- falls to 14-4.
Guymon already has an opponent for his first title defense, Wachiim Spiritwolf, who won a number one contender bout by knocking out Rick Legere 16 seconds into the second round.
In a non-title bout, Brian "Unbreakable" Warren defeated junior welterweight (156-160 lbs.) champion Victor "Joe Boxer" Valenzuela by unanimous decision after three rounds.
- Fernando Berstein def. Vincent Martinez via submission (triangle choke) - R2
- John Ulloa def. Johnny Gomez via TKO (strikes) - R1
- Dominic Verdugo def. Julio Sotomayor via split decision
- Yosuke Koreeda def. Anthony Guerra via KO - R1
- Dave Cryer def. Andrew Jones via TKO (cut) - R1
- Aaron Miller def. Brian Abram via unanimous decision
- Waachiim Spiritwolf def. Rick Legere via KO - R2
- Brian Warren def. Victor "Joe Boxer" Valenzuela via unanimous decision
- Mike "Joker" Guymon def. Anthony Lapsley via submission (head-arm choke) - R5