To advance to the finals, Mousasi avoided Manhoef's dangerous strikes and tapped him out with a triangle choke. Manhoef attempted to escape the submission by a powerbomb, but it only allowed Mousasi to tighten the hold.
In the other semifinal bout, Souza took down Zelg "Mini Cro Cop" Galesic and proceeded to submit the Croatian with an armbar 1 minute and 26 seconds into the first round.
When the Mousasi and Souza met for the championship later that evening, Mousasi stopped Souza from passing guard with an upkick, knocking Souza unconscious in the process.
Here are the full the results from DREAM 6: Middleweight GP 2008 Final Round on Sept. 23 at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.
1. Andrews Nakahara def. Dong Sik Yoon via TKO (strikes) - R2 (0:30)
2. Gegard Mousasi def. Melvin Manhoef via submission (triangle choke) - R1 (1:28)
3. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza def. Zelg Galesic via submission (armbar) - R1 (1:26)
4. Keita Nakamura def. Adriano Martins via split decision
5. Sergei Kharitonov def. Jimmy Armbriz by submission (strikes) - R1 (2:15)
6. Atsushi Yamamoto def. Hideo Tokoro via unanimous decision
7. Masakatsu Funaki def. Ikuhisa Minowa via submission (heel hook) - R1 (0:42)
8. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai def. Kuniyoshi Hironaka via unanimous decision
9. Yoshihiro Akiyama def. Masanori Tonooka via submission (armbar) - R1 (6:26)
10. Shinya Aoki def. Todd Moore via submission (neck crank) - R1 (1:10)
11. Mirko "Cro Cop"-Alistair Overeem ended in no contest (unintentional low blows)
12. Gegard Mousasi def. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza via KO - R1 (2:15)