Memorial Day might seem years away if you're caught in the current cold snap plaguing much of the country. But the first hints at what's in store for the UFC's annual late-May card are coming to light.
Sources told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani on Friday that Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson will face Amir Sadollah in a welterweight battle on Sat., May 25. While a venue for the unnamed event has yet to be determined, the UFC traditionally holds Memorial Day weekend cards in Las Vegas.
Thompson, a 29-year-old native of Simpsonville, S.C., made a memorable debut at UFC 143 as he finished Dan Stittgen with a devastating head kick. Thompson lost his most recent fight, a decision to Matt Brown at UFC 145, which dropped him to 6-1.
Sadollah (6-4), meanwhile, won TUF 7 despite coming into the reality show without a pro fight. He's won three of his past five bouts, but like Thompson, he's also coming off a loss, a unanimous decision against Dan Hardy in September.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts