Mark J. Rebilas, US PRESSWIRE
Former middleweight contender turned welterweight Demian Maia will continue his 170-pound efforts as he takes on welterweight standout Rick Story as part of the UFC 153 fight card. Story first Tweeted the news and MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed it with sources close to the situation.
Maia, 34, most recently competed and made his welterweight debut at UFC 148 where he defeated Dong Hyun Kim by TKO due to injury. At middleweight, he holds wins over Ed Herman, Nate Quarry, Kendall Grove and Dan Miller. In terms of accomplishments in sport jiu-jitsu, he is arguably the UFC's most decorated black belt.
Story, 27, has dropped two of his last three UFC fights. He most recently fought in June where he defeated Brock Jardine by unanimous decision. He holds notable victories over Thiago Alves, Jake Ellenberger (outside of the UFC), and Johny Hendricks.
At the time of this writing, he UFC has not formally announced this bout.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts