(Esther Lin photo)
Francis Carmont impressed observers in his most recent fight. The performance has earned him a bout in his hometown.
Carmont, who trains at Montreal's Tri Star Gym, is 3-0 in the UFC. His most recent victory was a strong second-round submission win over Karlos Veloma. Carmont has won eight straight fights, seven via finish inside of two rounds.
Lawlor (8-4, 1 no-contest), a native of Fall River, MA, is also coming off a highlight-reel performance. He earned knockout of the night honors for his 50-second finish of veteran Jason MacDonald on May 15. Lawlor has won two of his past three fights.
UFC 154 is expected to be headlined by the return of Carmont's Tri Star teammate, welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, in a match with interim champion Carlos Condit.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts