Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Head outworked and outmuscled the crafty Ebersole throughout the 15-minute fight, eventually earning a split-decision win at UFC 149.
The judges scored it 29-28, 29-28, 28-29.
Ebersole spent a lot of time trying to get the fight to the ground, but Head stuffed one attempt after another, particularly in the final round when Ebersole might have sensed he was playing from behind. As a result, the tactical battle wasn't a crowd-pleaser, but it was enough to get Head his second UFC win.
Head certainly landed the best standup shots in the battle in improving to 8-3.
Ebersole had taken the fight on short notice, and he never really got his offense going in this one. The loss dropped him to 50-14-1 with 1 no contest, and afterward, he seemed to indicate to UFC announcer Joe Rogan that he would soon be moving down a division to the lightweight class.
Ebersole had been 4-0 in the octagon heading into the match.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts