Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Ryan Jimmo has waited years to make his UFC debut, but he didn't spend much time in the octagon.
The two touched gloves and moments later, Jimmo landed his first punch, an overhand right that sent Perosh crashing down to the canvas. One punch later and it was all over in what will go down as one of the best octagon debuts ever.
"I know I throw some heavy leather," Jimmo said. "He was on the bad end of it."
The UFC announced the time of the KO at 7 seconds and said it tied Duane Ludwig for the fastest KO in octagon history. However, late last year, the UFC announced that Ludwig's 2006 knockout of Jonathan Goulet had been re-timed and recorded at six seconds.
Todd Duffee had previously had the fastest official knockout, with a seven-second finish of Tim Hague in August 2009.
Regardless of whether or not it actually tied the mark, it was a brilliant first act for Jimmo (17-1), who pushed his win streak to 17 straight.
The Aussie Perosh had a three-fight win streak snapped in the devastating defeat, falling to 13-7.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts