Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Jose Aldo is looking to fight at least one more time this year.
According to Andre Pederneiras, Aldo's manager and trainer at Nova Uniao in Brazil, the UFC featherweight champion is hoping to return to action in October following a left leg injury. Pederneiras recently told MMAFighting.com that Aldo will not require surgery on the left leg he injured in training, which forced him to pull out of his UFC 149 title fight against Erik Koch two weeks ago.
Aldo is currently undergoing physical therapy in Brazil and will meet with a doctor next week to reevaluate the leg.
Whenever he is ready to return, Aldo will fight Koch for the title, as the latter has decided to wait for the title shot he was promised by the UFC, according to his manager Mike Roberts.
This marks the third in less than two years that Aldo, 25, has had to delay a title fight due to various injuries.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts