Richard Wolowicz, Getty Images
The UFC's final quarterly FOX event of 2012 will take place on December 8, the networked announced on Monday.
A press release did not divulge a location or host venue for the event, but announced that it, along with the upcoming August 4 show, would be accompanied by a one-hour preview special to air on the network.
The December event should come with heavy promotion, coming in the midst of the NFL season. The preview show will be broadcast on Sunday, December 2, airing either before or after NFL games in local markets.
Previous UFC on FOX events this year have came on January 28 and May 5, with ratings ranging from 4.57 million average viewers for the Jan. event headlined by Rashad Evans and Phil Davis, to 2.42 million for the May show with Nate Diaz and Jim Miller in the main event.
The August event will be headlined by Mauricio Rua and Brandon Vera, with other featured matchups including Lyoto Machida vs. Ryan Bader, Ben Rothwell vs. Travis Browne, and Joe Lauzon vs. Terry Etim.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts