Richard Wolowicz, Getty Images
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and his team are done talking about UFC 149 and Glover Teixeira.
Less than a week after UFC president Dana White said on the UFC on FX 3 post-fight show that Rua told him he would rather be cut from the UFC rather than fight Teixeira at UFC 149, his manager Julio Heller told MMAFighting.com that they would have no further comment on the situation.
"We want to look to the future," he said, "not the past."
Heller had no interest in getting into public he said, she said argument with White, noting several times that, "We have respect for Dana White and his opinion." He said Rua was content with the way things played out in the end following Thiago Silva's injury, as the promotion announced last week Rua would face Brandon Vera in the main event of UFC on FOX 4 on Aug. 4.
When asked whether Rua really said he would rather be cut than face Teixiera, Heller only laughed and said, "What do you think?"
The 32-year-old Teixeira (18-2) won his Octagon debut last month when he submitted Kyle Kingsbury in 1:53 at UFC 146. The UFC has yet to announce what's next for him.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts