Joe Camporeale-US PRESSWIRE
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Nate Diaz's nasty guillotine choke of Jim Miller didn't just earn him a likely title shot against the winner of September's Ben Henderson-Frankie Edgar lightweight title rematch. It also gave him a heavier wallet.
Diaz's slick finish earned him submission of the night honors, meaning he'll pocket an extra $65,000 on the evening.
Diaz's efforts edged out a pair of strong submissions: Roland Delmore's rear-naked choke of Nick Denis that finished their fight with one second left in the first round, and Louis Gaudinot's guillotine of John Lineker, which stopped their bout with six seconds left in round two.
Gaudinot didn't walk away empty-handed, though. His flyweight bout with Lineker, which was two rounds of nonstop action, earned fight of the night honors. Both fighters pocketed $65,000.
Also leaving town with an extra 65 grand was heavyweight Lavar Johnson, who scored KO of the night for his first-round finish of Pat Barry. With Johnson winging about three dozen punches in his finishing flurry before the fight was called off, that comes out to about $1,800 per punch.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts