Matt Erickson, MMA Fighting
The UFC will make its return to the Hoosier State for the first time in two years when it visits Indianapolis' Bankers Life Fieldhouse on September 7.
The promotion will certainly hope the second time in the state goes more smoothly than the first voyage there. In September 2010, Frank Mir and Mirko Cro Cop took part in the main event of UFC 119. Though the match ended in a third-round knockout by Mir, it was roundly panned for long stretches of inactivity and is considered one of the worst main events in modern UFC history.
In fact, following the event, UFC president Dana White was so frustrated by the fight that he refused to offer Mir a "Knockout of the Night" bonus even though that was the only KO finish of the evening.
The card itself though was successful, drawing 15,811 to the since-renamed Conseco Fieldhouse for a gate of $1.6 million.
No matches have yet to be announced for the upcoming September 7 event.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts