Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
If Donald Cerrone wants to fight at UFC 150 in Denver on Aug. 11, it won't be against Anthony Pettis.
According to Mike Roberts, Pettis' manager, "Showtime" won't be ready to return from shoulder surgery in early August. He will, however, be ready to fight at UFC 151 on Sept. 1 in Las Vegas.
That may not work for Cerrone, a native of Colorado Springs, Co., who expressed a strong desire following his win over Jeremy Stephens Tuesday night to fight on the Denver card. And to be fair to Cerrone, his demand was more about fighting close to home than it was about fighting his former WEC running mate, Pettis.
"Whoever they want," Cerrone said on the FUEL TV post-fight show in response to his next opponent. "Denver is what I want, though."
As for Pettis, his manager said he would be open to a fight against Cerrone, but he is still holding out hope that Nate Diaz changes his mind about waiting for a title shot and decides to fight him on the Labor Day card in Las Vegas.
"Diaz is his first choice," Roberts said.
The 25-year-old Pettis underwent minor shoulder surgery in March following his knockout of Joe Lauzon at UFC 144 in February.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts