Rafael Suanes, US PRESSWIRE
Chan Sung Jung is the UFC's human highlight reel.
In 2011, the "Korean Zombie" authored two of MMA's most memorable moments, producing the first Twister submission win in UFC history, and later scoring a 7-second knockout. In his first fight of 2012, he once again put on a show, this time on UFC on FUEL 3. Jung didn't just upset favorite Dustin Poirier in the main event, he also made a nice payday, earning two bonus awards for his brilliant winning performance.
Jung captured the Submission of the Night for his fourth-round D'arce choke victory, and he and Poirier earned Fight of the Night for their battle.
The two awards were worth an extra $80,000 on top of his contracted fight purse. He has now won nightly awards in all three of his UFC bouts.
Jung became the first fighter ever to stop Poirier in the process, and afterward, asked for a fight with featherweight champion Jose Aldo.
Meanwhile, middleweight Tom Lawlor earned the $40,000 Knockout of the Night award after knocking out Jason MacDonald in just 50 seconds. Lawlor hurt him badly with a straight left, and then finished him with a right hook behind the ear.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts